Sunday, January 4, 2015

Wyden Town Hall Shut Down

I saw an article in Golocalpdx.com about a Ron Wyden Town Hall meeting in Portland being disrupted by protesters with Don't Shoot PDX, chanting "Hands up don't shoot," "I can't breathe," and "No justice no peace.".  

Given that Wyden has little to nothing to do with the running of any police force anywhere and his progressive orientation, it seemed to me to be an opportunist grab by the group of a public forum that they used to publicize their protest.  Too bad for those who attended, the town hall was cancelled after the protesters refused to call it quits.  I can support protests against injustice and police violence, but if I were them I'd pick better targets than Wyden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for relevance and civility. Spam is discarded.