Sunday, June 9, 2013

NSA Whistleblower

A man of principle, Edward Snowden claims to be the whistleblower who leaked documents to the Guardian voluntarily revealed his identity, opening himself to the unprincipled wrath of the Obama administration, who have shown unswerving dedication to persecuting whistleblowers. 
"I have no intention of hiding who I am because I have done nothing wrong."
The Obama administration has shown itself willing to aggressively pursue those who leak confidential information, and Snowden says that he fully expects to be held accountable for what he did, but he remains unapologetic.
"I am not afraid, because this is the choice I've made," he told The Guardian
Noting that he enjoys a relatively comfortable life - a stable career, a girlfriend with whom he lived in Hawaii, a close relationship with family - Snowden said he is "willing to sacrifice all of that because I can't in good conscience allow the U.S. government to destroy privacy, internet freedom and basic liberties for people around the world with this massive surveillance machine they're secretly building."
Good for him, I hope millions of Americans stand up to support him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for relevance and civility. Spam is discarded.