Saturday, November 17, 2012

Nov 17, 2012 Rainy, what'd you expect?

I've been here for 38 years so rain in November isn't a shock.  I live in SE Portland near Reed College, and I've been in the same spot for 25 years.  My neighborhood hasn't changed a lot, but the area has seen comings and goings.  Davidson's Restaurant on Woodstock is long gone, now the abode of Laughing Planet.  Country Bills Restaurant is gone recently and the building is still being demolished.  At least we still have Ottos.

I'm retired after 45 years of a career in software development, so I'm not in a great hurry to get anywhere anymore, but I will be preparing for Thanksgiving and having family over for the big turkey meal on Thursday.  I will offer free advice on how to cook the perfect bird, but no guarantees.  Film at eleven.

I was OK with the recent election results except Portland Mayor, but that's a subject we can all gripe about for years to come.  After the Jefferson Smith self-destruct news, the race was doomed anyway.

In the national news, the Fiscal Cliff is our current source of anxiety.  Obama and Congressional leaders from both parties met last week and haven't yet denounced each other as being agents of Satan.  So far so good, but we just fell past the 90th floor, hopefully headed for a soft landing and not a stain on the sidewalk. 

As for the wild west, a gun shop in Pinetop, AZ has put out a sign that Obama voters are not welcome in their neck of the woods, although they haven't yet declared a bounty on them.  Read all about it on Fox News, where else?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for relevance and civility. Spam is discarded.