Monday, November 19, 2012

The Rain! The Rain!

We have had a nonstop heavy rain all day and it's supposed to continue tomorrow too, the streets are rivers and the rain and high wind have combined to bring down more leaves, clogging the storm drains again.  I don't know if it's cold enough at the ski areas to get snow, we'll see.

The hostess bakery situation is going back to a last round of arbitration, so I guess it ain't over till it's over.  While I wouldn't completely absolve the unions of contributing to the mess, it is managements responsibility to ensure the continuation of the business, and my perspective (admittedly I probably don't have all the facts) is that management fiddled while Rome burned and allowed the debt levels to overwhelm the company, certainly aided by the generous raises they gave themselves.  Management and Labor are at the moment jockeying to portray the other as the bad guys, making me doubt anything will get resolved.  My guess is the brands get bought for pennies on the dollar in bankruptcy and production moved to another country after they default on their pension obligation and shift that expense to the PBGC or ultimately the taxpayers.  That is how our system works.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for relevance and civility. Spam is discarded.