Friday, December 14, 2012

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

I think a lot of people are frustrated about getting telemarketing cold-calls constantly despite being on the Do Not Call list.  The social parasites that constitute the telemarketing industry have been very effective in gutting any legislation that would allow consumers to ban them from calling, you really can't do it short of investing in call-blocking, or throwing away your telephone.  I tried calling the offending number and got a recorded message inviting me to leave my home phone number (they said to say it twice!) to be removed from their list, so I did it.  I saw complaints from lots of people that they don't honor them, and I'll report back if the calls stop or not.

One of the clients sponsoring Telefund is HRC (Human Rights Campaign), a bunch of lawyers lobbying for a good cause, but to me seem ethically challenged when it comes to bugging their donors to death.  Note to HRC, you ain't getting another cent from me until you dump the Telemarketers, all of them, but Telefund in particular.

The same goes for the Democratic Party (probably Republicans too but I never gave them a cent).  I feel particularly punished for giving to a variety of non-profits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for relevance and civility. Spam is discarded.