Wednesday, December 5, 2012

US rated only slightly corrupt

The Transparency International organization publishes an annual Corruption index, rating all countries corruption based on surveys.  The US came out at #19 out of 180, not too bad, but well behind our friends in Canada, UK, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Singapore and most of the Scandinavian countries.  I don't know how Chicago would rank on its own, not well I suspect.  Here is the list by country.

In the US, the  Center for Public Integrity produced rankings by State, with surprising (to me) results.  It ranked New Jersey, Connecticut, Washington, California and Nebraska as the most ethical.  They used the ABCDF grading system, and no state got an A, with the 5 above earning B's and 9 States getting F's.

I live in Oregon, which got a C-.  I hope our government is paying attention, but based on the grade I guess they aren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated for relevance and civility. Spam is discarded.